Thursday, October 16, 2008

Victory is ours!!!! Well at least for today anyway. I got a phone call first thing this morning from our lawyer letting us know they received a fax from the Egg Donor’s lawyer stating he had not been able to contact or locate her to come to the mediation about Little Guy. Big surprise. Our lawyer and her assistant just found it funny; evidently they’d been telling her lawyer all along that this is the way she operates. So at least for today we don’t have to worry about mediation and the Hubby is getting a much needed day to himself. I’m not sure what our next step from here will be. I’m sure once she can be found she’ll some up with some bullshit story of why she couldn’t be reached but in any respect it doesn’t make her look any better which is good for us. It just helps us prove our point even further that she really doesn’t care. What a sad life she must lead. I personally think it would be terribly exhausting trying to find new ways to work the system and screw people out of things. As much as I dislike working some days, I would much rather work than be like her and others like her. I guess I was raised different…thank God.

In other news I am thoroughly enjoying my new phone. The Hubby got the same kind last night after he got off of work. He’d thought about a Blackberry or something like it, but the data plans you have to sign up for with those is ridiculous. Plus with the ones we have we can still check our email and sign on to various messengers and stuff. So all in all I think they will work out very well.

I am uncomfortably full at the moment. Hubby took me out to lunch since he had the day off and the place we went to had their chicken fried steaks on special. I have a weakness for gravy. I would consider it its very own food group when I was younger. I try not to eat a lot of it anymore, it’s bad for you. :P Everything tasted very good at lunch but it would be nice to quit tasting it every time I burp now. And I could use a nap.

But as sensuous as this post is I’m going to leave you now….to call a plumber. We have a leak from our upstairs toilet that’s leaking into the downstairs bathroom and causing a mess. I wonder if my parents are regretting being our landlords yet? So far we’ve had to have the ac fixed and now plumbing and the cats keep yakking up hairballs. Sending much love with that last image. :D Toodles!

4 Comments:

At 7:00 AM , Blogger Miles McClagan said...

I've never had a cat- or any kind of pet if I'm honest - so the thought of a Friday furball does unease me slightly...

I'll stick to a Friday fryup!

 
At 2:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the brat-front, but I shall have to mock you for your gravy addiction :P

 
At 3:00 PM , Blogger SuvvyGirl said...

Miles: I'm sure I've had enough animals in my lifetime to make up for your lack thereof. :)

Mike: It's not an addiction...I can say no!! :P

 
At 7:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Want some gravy, little girl? It's my mother's famous sour cream ham gravy :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home