Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I’m in need of a night out…with my husband. I know it’s normal that when you have kids, and jobs and essentially no babysitter that you as a couple don’t get to go out very often. But the last time the Hubby and I went out on a date was back in May for our anniversary. We had a great time that weekend, but it all seemed too short and I’m ready for another date night. We’ve kind of gotten stuck in this rut lately of the same routine every night which isn’t so bad, I thrive in routines. But after our routine for the day is over, we don’t have much energy or ability to do much else. I am making it our mission (I’m including the Hubby in this because I detest this type of mission with a passion) of finding someone we trust who will watch the kids for us so we can have a night out. Since my Mom moved our babysitters are rather limited and the ones we do have don’t seem to be available or up for the task. So if anyone would like to volunteer their services feel free!! :P LOL

6 Comments:

At 1:57 PM , Blogger Coffeypot said...

If you want a weekend in Atlanta, Sweet Tea, the grandkids and I would love to sit for you. Come on down.

 
At 3:08 PM , Blogger SuvvyGirl said...

Coffeypot: Thanks for the offer!! I'll hold you to this the next time we're down there ;)

 
At 4:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please feel free to tie and gag them and FEDEX them down to sunny Florida. The tourists have all left so I can park them, ...ooops "put them up" in a foreclosed two bedroom condo with a pool and hot tub. (The mold hasn't gotten that bad yet.)
Oh Yeah, send food paks with them, preferably non-spoilable foods, then I won't have to listen to the gagging and choking noises.
Oh one last thing, two rolls of new duct tape in case they need to be "restrained:. :)

 
At 1:13 PM , Blogger Andy said...

See, this is one thing we don't have to worry about. We live in a town that is so deathly dull that we never went out even before Lauren came along, so I can't imagine us longing for a night out later on down the track.

Kinda sad, really, isn't it?

 
At 11:36 AM , Blogger Helen said...

I would help, but it's a bit of a long drive... and most of my babysitting experiences were somewhat scarring (almost literally once) so I try to avoid spending time with small people unless their parents are around.

If you wanted to come here for a weekend I'd be happy to get them so exhausted running around that you'd have some peace and quiet though!

 
At 4:24 PM , Blogger Miles McClagan said...

I have a fantastic selection of 1980s computer games should the kids wish to emulate the glory days of Peles International 2 a side soccer?

I just don't let kids play Monopoly - that always ends in a fight

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home