Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Places of the World

Okay so for today my writing isn’t going so well, I think I might be thinking too hard. :P So this entry will be just an ordinary blah entry…..

I’m restless again today. I am once again here at work not wanting to do anything that I’m supposed to be doing. I’m also being frozen out by our air conditioner here which leads me to start thinking about all the wonderful places I could be right now. I have so many things I would love to do but time and money are foreboding factors. I’ve always wanted to visit the New England states. Maine, Vermont, Rhode Island, Massachusetts. They have always appealed to me. Then I could see all those beautiful old beach homes, see Boston and take in a Symphony, eat seafood that’s actually fresh, and finally see the ocean in person. I also wouldn’t mind visiting New York City. So many things there I can’t even list them all.

There are also many other places I’d like to see. Alaska, Hawaii, Galapagos Islands, London, Rome, Venice, Australia, New Zealand, and all of the big Zoo’s of the world. I love nature and animals. It would be amazing to go snorkeling in Hawaii. Personally see all of the multicolored corals and fish. Feel the warm water washing over me and marvel at the beauty of the volcanoes and landscape.

I’d love to go see the glaciers of Alaska and watch the seals swim, see a wild polar bear and pet a reindeer (I really do think they can fly :P). Go ice fishing and dog sledding. See the pods of whales, the seas gentle giants.

Lose my breath standing in a spot where Charles Darwin may have stood on the Galapagos Islands. See the giant tortoises, the magnificently colored canaries and other birds, just see wildlife you will find no where else on earth. I want to see them face to face with my own eyes instead of on a television screen or in books.

The main thing in London I want to see is Big Ben. I have always been fascinated by that huge clock ever since I was little and saw Peter Pan flying by it and Basil of Baker Street fighting Ratigan in its giant clockworks.

Rome and Venice explain themselves. The history, architecture and people that have come out of those cities leave me in awe.

Australia and New Zealand have some of the most gorgeous landscapes ever in my opinion. One of my favorite movies to watch is Return to Snowy River which was partially filmed in both areas. And the vibrancy of the people and culture fascinate me. I also don’t mind the accent on some of the cuter guys either ;)

Visiting all of the Zoo’s of the world just stem from my love of animals. Some days I feel like I can relate to animals so much better than people. Animals in my opinion are some of the only creatures on earth that can show true unconditional love. This would probably be one reason I have….four dogs, five cats plus two kittens (3 are inside, the rest outside, they adopted me :D) and fish. I need a zoo of my own :):P

That is all just the beginning of my list of places I want to go to and I have so many things I want to do I couldn’t list them all. Maybe someday I will at least do and see a small handful of these things on my list.

5 Comments:

At 2:36 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I want to go somewhere where I can wander naked through a garden, take an outdoor shower, and just lay in the sunshine . . . all behind tall walls :P

 
At 4:07 PM , Blogger SuvvyGirl said...

Everything sounds great to me minus the naked part. Too many creepy crawleys to be naked out side for too long. :P

 
At 5:51 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

so you wear some bugspray. Or at least don't sit with your legs spread wide open :P

 
At 8:36 AM , Blogger Faris said...

Interesting, very enamoured with travel and nature. Come winter, when I'm trapped in my room with grey rain laden skies, I'll probably feel the same. Three months then, before I write something like this.

Do visit London. It's fun. There's loads to do besides just Big Ben. I'd love to travel to Australia too, but I'm not sure about their accent. hehe...

About red wine, hhmm...not a wine connoisseur by any means. Last night I had Chilean wine. It was good, and cheap. Buy French only if you want an expensive wine. I'm afraid that's all I can recommend.

Also, London Zoo is crap. I'd prefer an African Savannah anytime.

 
At 3:47 PM , Blogger SuvvyGirl said...

African Svannah sounds good minus the heat. I hate really hot weather. We've had too much of it here this summer. Thanks for the ideas on the wine I'll have to continue with my testing and write about how it goes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home