Friday, August 18, 2006

The Real Deal vs. The Beast

It’s Friday!!! I am always so glad for the end of the week. I’m hoping maybe this will be the weekend I’ll actually get something done, guess we’ll see. So has anybody else seen that Evander Holyfield is coming back out of retirement tonight? Evander The Real Deal Holyfield is set to fight Jeremy The Beast Bates on the Best Damn Sports Show ever at 10:30pm ET. I am going to have to record this one on the DVR since I’ll be out tonight. This should prove to be a rather interesting fight. Holyfield does have an impressive career, heck he beat my favorite boxer (at the time) Lennox Lewis. But he is also pushing 44 years old and has a heart defect. But I must admit he still looks like he’s in amazing shape. Bates so far I am not a fan of. Besides the fact that the mans trunks look like he should be swinging from a tree in the jungle somewhere I don’t like his style. He’s one of those boxers that I think has just gotten lucky up to this point. The last fight I saw of his was when he fought against Johnson. He was beaten badly and the mans score card isn’t the greatest either. I am hoping this comeback will work out well for Holyfield. I think all the greats should be able to come back and leave still being considered the great ones. One of the most impressive men in boxing I believe is George Foreman. Granted I don’t think the mans mind is all there (he named all of his sons George), but he did some great stuff. He was undefeated until Ali knocked him out in the eighth round of the Rumble in the Jungle. Until that point he was 40-0. Then 20 years after that fight he came back to reclaim his career. George Foreman: Heavyweight Champion 1973-74, ’94-’97. His last fight was against Shannon Briggs, an asthmatic greenhorn that only won because the boxing community wanted Foreman out. It was a sad night when I watched that final match for George Foreman. There are also many other greats, Ali, Jack “The Manassa Mauler” Dempsey, Sugar Ray Leonard and many others. There have been many more recent “greats”, Oscar “The Golden Boy” De La Hoya whom lost his first fight ever the night he dedicated the fight to his newborn son before the match started. Lennox Lewis who is now retired and seems to be intending to stay that way, Roy Jones Jr.(not one of my favorites), Floyd Mayweather Jr. all of whom let themselves raise to greatness only to bring themselves down by becoming overly arrogant and cocky. Mayweather is still fighting and still an amazing fighter when he concentrates. But he has let money, fame and drugs ruin his reputation. His first match was the most impressive match I have ever watched. He hadn’t had much formal training and had been a street fighter growing up, and he knew how to fight. I’m hoping someday he’ll get his act together and become that fighter again. But that probably won’t happen especially if he continues the way he is, he’s in danger of being kicked out of boxing for various different things. But I am interested to see this fight tonight. I’m putting my money on Holyfield and hopefully he won’t let me down.

4 Comments:

At 11:51 AM , Blogger Amber said...

You are like, every man's wet dream, if you know all that about boxing.

Betchya ten bucks that every male that comes to this site gets a visual of you fighting in a bra, shorts, and covered in mud. That would be to you, especially, Coyote Mike, hahahahaa.

In any case, I commented on your entry below this one - I hope it doesn't upset you or make you hate me :(.

And thanks for the linkage!! I feel so special that you took the time to muddle through html (the hated computer speak) just to add me. You are such a sweetheart!!

 
At 12:08 PM , Blogger SuvvyGirl said...

I'm a black belt in Tae Kwon Do and have trained with a Navy Seal Too. (Muhammad Ali's 1st cousin :P) Not to brag or anything. LOL Only problem with the wet dream thing is I'm sure I don't look like I do in real life.(Damn it I will be thin again!! :P Not stick thin but a healthy thinner with my curves too!) You comment beow doesn't bother me. I always welcome advice and opinions. Sometimes others see it better than I do and I am grateful for that and hopefully don't drive them crazy with how I do things. :P It's amazing how we change over the course of our lives. But it's one hell of a ride!

 
At 1:11 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Such things as I could say, such secrets I could reveal, I wonder what my silence would be worth.

 
At 3:09 PM , Blogger Amber said...

Suvvy, he totally wants a blow job, lol.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home