Friday, December 04, 2009

The Winds of Change are Blowing

Well tomorrow I say goodbye to my friend Tabitha, she’s found a good job and has to move for it. I’ve known her for a couple of years now but we’ve really only become pretty good friends over the past 9 months or so. There used to be a time where I really didn’t like her. But with her employment issues over the last 9 months she’s been humbled just a bit and I’ve gotten to know her. She is still not everyone’s cup of tea but she’s a heck of a lot of fun. Granted I won’t be in so many drunken stupors now that she’s gone but there are a lot of us that will miss her.

I’ve had friends that have moved away all my life but it gets harder to see them go as you get older. I think it’s because you’re more aware of how much things change. Tomorrow morning a bunch of us from pool are going over to help her get the U-Haul loaded and say goodbye. Tomorrow many of us will come to the undeniable realization that things are forever changed. The life of the party won’t be there anymore, one of my best pool players will be gone and a good friend will be gone. But we’ll all adjust and we will go on. I’m hoping to keep in touch with her though. We already annoy each other on facebook and I told her that she gives us all a good excuse to road trip.

It’s an ending of an era and a turning of a page. And I think it’s about time that the drinking yourself silly while playing ridiculous amounts of pool era should end for me. I’ll go back and visit it every now and then of course, but for the most part it will be over. And I’m okay with that. We all go through that party with your friends phase and now I’ve done mine. Maybe now I won’t feel so guilty for being out instead of at home with the family…I’ll actually be there at home. And I’m sure my body and my money will thank me too! :P

5 Comments:

At 8:04 PM , Blogger Coffeypot said...

It's called Maturing.

 
At 7:58 PM , Blogger SuvvyGirl said...

Yes I think this has been my regression period.

 
At 3:17 AM , Blogger Steph said...

what is this maturing thing you speak of??

 
At 11:49 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

Losing friends as you get older is harder also because I found that the older I get, the less friends I have.

I hope that means I not just getting grumpy.

 
At 7:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember saying goodbye to those times. If it helps, you can recapture them in a different way later in life. I'm there now. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home