Wednesday, December 02, 2009

I am in a good mood today. Not sure what brought it on, but it’s really nice. Thanksgiving went well and I only burnt myself twice (yes sadly enough that is a good thing). Our 21.5lb turkey turned out great and I was actually organized and had everything else ready to go once the turkey was done.





Lily, Isaiah and I left Friday to go see my Grandma and give Tim a night to himself. Unfortunately for him he caught a cold and was in bed by 9pm. The visit with my Grandma was nice and I know the kids enjoyed it. But by Saturday Lily was ready to be home, especially after she came down from her little caffeine high she had been on. Since Grandma and I were having coffee the kids thought they had to have some too. Of course there’s was more milk than coffee but it was still enough to make a difference to a 2 and 8 year old body.

When we got home I found out Tim and TJ were nice enough to pick up the book I had on order from the bookstore. I finally get to finish my Kay Scarpetta novels by Patricia Cornwell. Not normally what I read but I started reading the series since my Step Dad had left all the books and now I have to finish it. As the series goes on though, I like them more and more.

Sunday was my friend Tabitha’s last night at pool. She found herself a place to live and will be leaving in her U-Haul this Saturday for her new home and job. We didn’t do as hot at pool as we could have but we all drank and had a good time. I even got a cute picture taken of me that I even like. See….

Monday I saw my Dad for a whole 20 minutes while he was here for court due to my Step Brother and his wife. It was rather interesting because Jimmy stopped by my office to say hi and got to meet Dad. I’ll be interested to get his take…especially since Jimmy is my Step Dad’s best friend and has heard plenty about Dad. Even though I didn’t see him much I did get a call from Dad later in the night that was pretty much same old crap just another day. I think he has lost it. Some of it made sense and then he’d divert. It was like listening to a psychopathic Rose from the Golden Girls. I love my Dad but he needs to get his act together, there’s so much he’s allowed himself to miss out on.

Monday also brought on me deciding to go to the doctor finally. My blood sugar has been acting funny for a while and there are days I just haven’t felt good. The doctor basically just said that I’m not where she would diagnose me as being diabetic and thinks losing weight will do the trick to help me feel better. So I am now on a diet and trying to get into the habit of working out again. If I could get some more alone time it would work great. I don’t like working out in front of the family or anyone else for that fact…unless of course I’m already in good shape and look good.

Along with this I think it’s time to color my hair again, just undecided what color. It’s either going to be somewhere in the brown or red group since my hair is naturally dark brown. I don’t do black or blonde. Anyone have any suggestions for colors you like?
And for good measure here is Lily helping with
the Christmas decorations:
Hi Everybody!!

3 Comments:

At 8:08 PM , Blogger Coffeypot said...

It's not a cute picture of you...it's a picture of cute you. I like the fedora. (or the bonnet, or what ever you call toppers now days.)

 
At 9:17 AM , Blogger SuvvyGirl said...

Coffey: Thank you :) My friend Nick always has a hat of some sort on and it's become tradition for me to steal it for a picture. So far I have one with a cowboy hat, a Guiness ball cap and this one :P

 
At 5:15 AM , Blogger Helen said...

ten points for the hat!

And the colour all depends on your personality, i have similar hair colour to yours, and I've made it everything from X-men red (my favourite) to almost blonde. It's all about if youor personality works with it - if you can carry it it's great, but if it dominates you then not so much...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home