Friday, November 20, 2009

In lieu of all the chatter and goings on with the Twilight series I thought I would introduce you to another series of vampires that I enjoy…The Vampire Diaries. This is a book series I read back in high school when I went through vampire novels like water. I enjoyed it since it was about a high school girl who is torn between two vampire brothers and all that good stuff. To my surprise the TV network The CW has made a series based on these books. Now they are not really high quality but they definitely quench your thirst for sexy vampires. At first I wasn’t sure how well I would like the TV show because none of the actors fit my images I had in my mind on how the characters look. But as the show has gone on I’ve realized I have forgotten more of the books than I remember and I’ve really enjoyed it. I think the actors do a great job and the ones that play the vampire brothers Stefan and Damon make it all worth while (especially when they don’t have shirts on).

Who knows what the absolute alluring quality is of vampires. Maybe it’s that they are immortal, human, emotional, strong and all the other stuff rolled into one amazing individual. Whatever it is has always had me hooked and now I have to go dig through my moving boxes to find my Vampire Diaries set and re read it. Also much to my surprise LJ Smith has added 3 new books to this series recently that focus on Damon (yay!).





1 Comments:

At 3:42 AM , Blogger Steph said...

Methinks I gotta check this out.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home