Thursday, November 05, 2009

Somewhere along this lovely road of life I have evidently completely pissed off the Gods of Luck and Prosperity. In the past 6 weeks I have put two dogs to sleep, had H1N1 flu virus and as of today my car died right in the middle of morning traffic. The check engine light has been going on and off for the past week or so, but I checked the oil and the belts and made sure nothing was leaking out from underneath and couldn’t find a thing. Thankfully when it died on our busiest street this morning it started right back up, but those few seconds almost put me into a panic attack! Breaking down on a side street is one thing but being two cars back from the main traffic light in town during morning rush sucks donkey balls. I switched out vehicles over lunch to be on the safe side. At least now I get to ride around in style in my beloved Mustang. Lily will be thrilled too. Her car seat only fits in the front and she loves the fact that she can see out so well and that her brother is condemned by himself to the backseat. No worries though, my airbags automatically turn off when you have under a certain weight in the front seat.

I am very ready for this bad luck streak to be over. I don’t have exceptionally good luck to begin with so when I say I’m having bad luck I really have bad luck. I am hoping to rectify this situation with the Gods and happily go back to my mediocre luck. You are all welcome of course to make your own contributions of good karma and luck ;)

3 Comments:

At 2:28 PM , Blogger Coffeypot said...

If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all.

Keeps life interesting. Sucky, but interesting.

 
At 12:39 PM , Blogger Helen said...

I'm sorry! I'm thinking really happy thoughts your way!

 
At 3:03 PM , Blogger Olga said...

My God, that does sound serious! :( I hope you are feeling better.. I think after all that you must be in for some real good luck for some real long time..!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home