Wednesday, April 08, 2009

You're Killin Me Smalls

It’s annoying when I can’t decide what to write about specifically. I have many different ones flitting around in my head but I don’t’ want to write all of those different posts all in one day and I can’t seem to find a logical way of tying them together. But I’ll give it a shot.

Nothing overly exciting has really been going on since I last posted, but there have been a few slightly interesting things lately. As you all know I play on a pool league and enjoy it quite well and have a lot of friends there. One of my friends happens to be my step dad’s best friend and for fun I shall refer to him here on out at Smalls. Mainly because he is a bit on the short side and also because he’s always saying the phrase “You’re killin me smalls”. He is an awesome guy and friend. He and his wife separated here about 5 months ago after 15 years of marriage. But it has been a really amicable split. It just turned out as one of those things where the years have made them different people and changed their relationship. They are still good friends but no longer do well being married to each other. Which I think if a relationship has to end this is one of the best circumstances for it to end on. Since they have separated she has gone her own way and seeing people but Smalls hasn’t really seemed all that interested. He is 36 and has an awesome personality which unfortunately means that he is attracting a lot of undesirables that are barely legal. But other than acting like a mentor and acquaintance he is not interested. Which I’m glad of. But here a few weeks ago I took my friend Specs with me to league and Smalls seemed to keep coming over and talking to me an awful lot. We always hang out a bit on league night but never that much while everyone is still playing their matches. Well that night after Specs left Smalls let me know he was interested in her. It floored me! I never would have imagined Specs as his type or really in his age bracket since they are 11 years apart but at the same time I also thought it was awesome. He thought she was cute and seemed like a cool person. I gave him a quick rundown about her and explained some of her quirks and he was still very interested.

And naturally I was chomping at the bit to tell Specs. She was flattered that he liked her but was a bit skeptical. I love Specs but her quirks can get a bit annoying at times and I got a bit frustrated over the last couple of weeks that she really didn’t want to get to know him. Then finally this past Sunday she came out to league again and got to be around him some more and got to know him a little better….and…she liked him too!! We are all trying to arrange a night to go out again and hang out. I’m very excited. I have no idea if it would actually work as a relationship but that’s for them to figure out. Smalls is probably the most decent guy I’ve ever known her to be interested in. Either way I think they will at least have a friendship come out of it all. It will be interesting to watch and see.

2 Comments:

At 2:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog at my comment!!! GRAR!!!

She must have arrived after I left. Which was fine, as I was in no mood to be around people. I make a lousy patient. Just ask the surgeon who decided not to charge me for the post-op checkup after I stared at him for a moment.


Sorry for being so growly on Sunday.

 
At 4:37 AM , Blogger Helen said...

Glad to see you're still around! Please write more often!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home