Friday, October 24, 2008

Liberally Conservative

Hmm….Amber wants to know if I consider myself liberal, conservative or somewhere in between.

I would definitely have to say somewhere in between. I can have a very liberal way of thinking when it comes to some things and a very conservative way of thinking on others.

The one thing I think this nation needs again though is a wee bit higher standard of morals and responsibility. I think the lack of those two things is what has led to most of the problems we have, especially the economic thing. So many people have this idea that they can do whatever they want to and it shouldn’t cost them anything and they shouldn’t be held responsible for their actions. Our nation has gotten lazy, our nation/society has gotten to that point that no one really seems to care about much of anything anymore. I don’t remember where I read/ or heard it, but it was a statement that compared the US to the Roman Empire. Rome fell from the inside out, and that was the prediction made for the US in that statement unless a few things change.

Well that takes care of that portion of my writing. I started it yesterday and had a whole line of thought for it and everything. But then I had to take Lily to the doctor since she wasn’t feeling well and therefore my whole line of thought is now gone. :P But between Amber and Coffey I have plenty of ideas for posts now!! It’s always nice to hear questions that you guys have about me. Makes me feel like I’m writing less drivel.

4 Comments:

At 6:14 AM , Blogger Andy said...

As much as the parties try to portray politics as an "us and them" type deal, I think that the majority are like yourself- conservative in some areas, and liberal in others.

Not that you'd know, seeing the state of politics these days.

 
At 4:48 PM , Blogger Coffeypot said...

I'm an American and I love my country. That alone will keep me from voting of Obama.

I hope Lily is okay, too.

 
At 7:06 PM , Blogger lucy said...

I agree with Andy here, unless you're a damned dirty hippy living in a field (damn hippies :))or you know, a dictator, you're likely to be laidback about certain issues and pretty firm on others.

I figure as long as people are happy to respect my political beliefs I'm more than happy to respect theirs.

I'm definitely watching the US elections closely, should be very interesting.....

 
At 10:45 AM , Blogger SuvvyGirl said...

Andy: Polotics always suck, at least they have in my lifetime.

Coffey: Lily is good too. Just had a cold and before they'd tell me what I could give her I had to go pay them money first for a 5 minute appt.

Lucy: Yes this election will be very interesting. It will be one for the books.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home