Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Okay so I haven't gotten much better at updating. :P But things are still going well. We had Lily's two month check up last Thursday. She is perfect! She's now 22 3/4" long, 10.08lbs and didn't appreciate her shots. Since when do any doctors use needles that big anymore?!!! I couldn't believe the size of these needles. I haven't had a needle that size used on me since I was a kid. Basically take a click pen, click it so the tip of the pin is out and that's the size of needles they used on my baby. Three of them!! I've mostly gotten over my fear of needles but those made me woozy. And the nurses weren't very nice when they put them in her. Although I think them pumping the vaccines into her bothered her more than the needles. She was not happy and rightly so. At least it will be a while before she gets them again.

She is smiling and "talking" a lot now. It's wonderful to see that little face smile up at me. It really makes me not want to go back to work. I have to head back on Nov. 1st. Time is going way too quick. I'm trying to see if we can make it work financially for me to go part time at least. I hate the thought of sending her to a babysitter all day. I knew it would be hard to face this but not this hard. Now I know why so many mothers leave their jobs. But unfortunately we can't afford for me not to have a job. But the part time thing might work out. We'll have to see.

The Husband and I celebrated 5 years together on Monday. We had our first date 5 years ago. It's weird it's been that long. We were originally going to go to Lincoln for this weekend and have my grandparents there watch the kids for the night. I was going to rent us a suite at one of the nice hotels and we'd celebrate one of our anniversaries properly for a change but leave it to us to have our anniversary during football season. The Huskers are playing Oklahoma this weekend in Lincoln so there was not a room left in the entire town. But that's okay. I got cold feet about leaving Lily all night anyway. And we also decided it would be nice to have a weekend at home for a change. But I did book a beautiful suite at a bed and breakfast in Lincoln for our wedding anniversary in May. So we'll get to have fun one way or another this year. :P

Well Lily is calling me. TTFN!

1 Comments:

At 11:01 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

Sounds like things are going really well! I'm so happy for you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home