Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Good morning! I really should be doing some of the work that’s on my desk, but I just don’t feel motivated. That is probably due to the fact that I had to chase one of my dogs down this morning and it’s the first time I’ve ran in a long time. Let me tell you I’m not pleased with how things jiggle when you’re pregnant and you run. I don’t think baby much cared for it either.


Not much is going on in my world lately. The kitchen remodel is coming along nicely. I would prefer if the guy hadn’t let every mosquito in the neighborhood in my house but it couldn’t be avoided. The Hubby and I had our second Lamaze class last night and I’m beginning to think that this is going to be a waste of $65. It’s a two and a half hour class and everything we heard about in there is stuff I’ve already read and researched etc. The only fun part about it was the snack mix and the massages we got to practice at the end. We got to go over those goofy breathing techniques. All I could think of was the Bill Cosby comedy act I had watched the night before. It’s one of his old ones from the 80’s called Bill Cosby, Himself. In it he talks about when his wife and he were in Lamaze and their breathing. I wanted to die while we were going through it in our class. :P

I have also come to the conclusion that I hate going to graduations. My own was boring much less watching one I’m not participating in. My step-brother graduated over the weekend from small town Nebraska. It was a class of like 30 kids and it took two hours! And of course it’s a hot day with no breeze and we’re all cooped up in the sticky high school gym. But at least there was good food and cake at the reception afterwards. My Dad was also in pretty good spirits all weekend. He’s finally starting to be a little bit more like the man I remember growing up with instead of the bitter, vengeful man he’s been since the divorce. It’s nice to start seeing that man I recognize. I think he finally reached a point where he knew he had to let go and was also too tired to keep holding on to all the bad feelings. A few of them are still lingering but they don’t rule his life like they used to. It’s definitely interesting to see how people can change.

Well I suppose I’m going to try to find some motivation and start working. TTFN!!

5 Comments:

At 2:58 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

I tried getting out of my college graduation... and then my mother cried. Oh well.

 
At 3:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am truly tired of graduations. And of the whining that comes from cousins who want me to come to theirs. I didn't even want to go to my own. Oh well. I'm not going to another (unless I go for another degree) until my nephew is ready for his . . . in 16 years.

 
At 3:31 PM , Blogger Amber said...

LOL - I so hear you with the graduations thing. People are going to be pissed, but now that my sister has graduated... I doubt I'll be going to another one for yearssssssss. Like hopefully when my kids graduate years. They're just b-o-r-i-n-g!

I blew bubbles and chatted with my best guy friend, Jeff, the whole time during our HS Grad. We laughed and joked and made fun of ourselves and everything else. He and the bubbles are what made mine fun.

Glad to hear that your dad and baby are doing so well!!! :)

 
At 9:15 PM , Blogger Steph said...

You're pregnant and you RAN? Crazy woman!! ;)

 
At 12:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, it has been nearly half a month. POST SOMETHING! Or else I'll tie your feet together, and you won't be able to get anywhere near them for another 2 months :P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home