Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Does anyone else start posts then never get them up? I’ve started so many, gotten interrupted, and then can’t get them finished it’s not even funny. My attention span is very short any more so once I get off a subject I can’t really find my way back.

Not a lot is going on. We had a good 4th of July. Watched the big show in our little town then set off our own. I was more amused by watching my outside kitties than anything. They all sat in my flower beds watching the fireworks go off. And I got to pet all four of the kittens. It was a monumentous occasion for me. But sadly I haven’t seen two of our kittens since. The all gray and lightly striped gray ones are missing. We had some rain the next night and I’m not sure where they went to. The little black and white one and the one that’s a miniature version of her mother are both still around though. But I miss the other two. They’re only 6 weeks old and not completely weaned yet. I just worry because they’re so little. It would just be nice to know what happened to them. But until I see them again or find out I will try to think happy thoughts. It’s also very possible that they are just coming around late at night when I won’t see them. They were the ones that ventured a little further than the other two anyway and were a bit more skittish of us. But I hope they are safe and happy wherever they are.

The Hubby and I are still trying to get the house in order. We are down to 28 days to my due date. But I have this feeling that we will be welcoming the baby before then. I just hope not too much before. We have been fighting with our laminate flooring we’re trying to put down in our office for the past two nights. Normally this stuff fits together and goes down very quickly and easily but the way we had the boxes of it sitting warped the boards so they don’t fit together right. Overall it’s been stressful. We’ve been trying to get at least a small portion of that floor done so we can move our hide-a-bed and stuff out of the nursery and get it painted. There always seems to be one more thing we have to get done before we can get to the nursery. This is what happens when you’re both procrastinators and you own way too much shit. But we decided last night we have enough rows of the floor started in the office to just start piling all of the crap out of the nursery in there and get that room done. I figured once the nursery is painted and set up we will have plenty of time after that to worry about the office. So hopefully the painting and etc. will be done this weekend and we can notch the panic mode down a bit.

My baby shower is set for next Friday. Although I don’t think it’s going to be much of one. So far we’ve only had two people say they’ll be there. I need more friends. It also doesn’t help that I won’t be able to take any time off the day of my baby shower since my co-worker will be gone and thus I also won’t be able to spend hardly anytime with my grandmother that’s coming. It’s all a little disheartening. Tits (aka best friend) will be there but only for a little bit since she has to work. All of this is making me feel rather lonely. I do have very good friends in the one’s I have, but it would be wonderful to find friends that the Hubby and I can do things with. Maybe someday.

Speaking of Tits though...I am in new territory with her. We have been friends since 6th grade, for 11 years, and I’m trying to figure out how to help her with her first big break up. She’s never really dated exclusively in the past and I was always the one with the boyfriend drama so it’s all new to me. Her boyfriend dumped her on their three month anniversary. Who the hell does that?! I liked the guy up to that point. I also figured that they’d get back together after he’d stop overacting and behaving like well…a girl. But no, he hasn’t called her since the break up on Friday. Daft idiot anyway. Although now I think it’s in his best interest that he doesn’t. Now she’s had time to get through the sadness and she’s pissed. So far I have veered away from giving her any advice. Advice in times like these always seemed to do more harm than good for me, so I just listen to her and make sure she’s okay. I do reassure her that it will get better eventually. I’m hoping this tactic works.

Err..gotta get back to work now. I’ll hurry and post this so I’ll at least have something new up. I’m open to suggestions for posts that aren’t completely lame. :P

3 Comments:

At 12:00 PM , Blogger Drama Queen said...

I always start posts and then retire them to the trash heap. . .I should dig them out but I suspect there is a reason that they are in the first place ;-)

 
At 9:54 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

I start stories and then get distracted all the time. They have pills for that, don't they?

And 28 days and the nursery isn't painted! For shame!

 
At 3:19 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Let's see. You last posted on July 11th when you had 28 days to go. Did baby come early?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home