Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Well it’s not cold anymore! :P We’ve been having wonderful spring weather this week and it makes me feel so much better. Our trip to go see my brother-in-law last week went well. The Hubby headed out last Wednesday and Little Guy and I headed out on Thursday afternoon. We stopped over where my Grandma Nutt lives to stay with her. My Mom and Step-Dad were there too. My Step-Dad was playing in a pool tournament there over the weekend. Unfortunately Mom wound up in the hospital there on Friday morning due to a kidney stone which passed without pain medication while the stupid hospital was trying to decide what was wrong with her. It was a miracle that my Step-Dad even got her to the hospital. She absolutely hates that place and with good reason. When we still lived there she had a really bad asthma attack when I was in high school and she went to that hospital (or as I call it Death Central) and they proceeded to put her in a room, forget about her then lock her in…while she still couldn’t breath!! It’s a scary place. But lucky for her the nurses and doctor she got this time were all from out of state and had moved there. So that gave her some comfort. They released her by late morning and gave her some awesome pain medication that knocked her out for the next 24 hours. So after I made sure she was okay Little Guy and I went on and met up with Hubby and his family and had a very good weekend.

So far this week has been uneventful as far as my life goes. Today is the Hubby’s birthday. He turns 30. I don’t think he’s overly excited about his birthday this year and it probably doesn’t help that everybody including me has been giving him a bad time about turning 30. But anymore to me age it just a number and doesn’t really mean a whole lot. Next week will be Little Guy’s birthday and then the day after we have our much anticipated ultrasound! I’m excited for it. We’re going to find out if we’re having a boy or a girl and it’s just going to be cool to see the changes in the baby since the last ultrasound we had back in January. It will actually look more like a baby now and not an alien.

Even though life has been uneventful for me this week it has been just the opposite for many other people. My co-worker had to go put her 29 year old horse to sleep unexpectedly this morning. I haven’t talked to her yet, but I feel completely horrible for her. She’s owned this horse since he was very young and is very attached to him. I got all teary eyed when our boss told me she had to have the horse put to sleep. I’m such an odd person at times. I can go to funerals and memorial services for people and not cry but the minute it comes to an animal dying I want to ball. I’ve always related to animals better than people. I think it’s because they can’t talk and they can love unconditionally. They’re maybe less…complex than humans. People muddle emotions and everything else up with words and thoughts. Most of us don’t use the corresponding actions or words for what we are feeling. Our actions/words reflect what we think or what we think others want from us. Animals use the corresponding action for the corresponding feeling. That and animals are cuter. :P

Then of course there is the shooting that took place at Virginia Tech. It’s scary that things like that can and do happen. I have been keeping up on the new releases regarding all of the new findings. It will be interesting to see what they can uncover about the shooter and his past. I’m sure the more they analyze his writing the more they will learn. It’s just sad something like that had to happen though. A lot of the victims were my age or younger, I can’t even begin to imagine what they’re families are going through. It doesn’t help that it was just a senseless act.

But before I get overly depressed about all of it again I’m going to get back to work. Have a great day!!!

1 Comments:

At 1:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

lalalala

I just wanted you to know that I did read this. Just don't have anything to say.

BOOBS

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home