Thursday, December 07, 2006

My Doze is Stuffed Dup!

Well Mike told me I needed to do a new post so here I am. I haven’t had much to post about lately. This one probably won’t be much good either since I have an icky cold. I am currently trying to gear up for Christmas. I already know what I’m getting pretty much everyone but the getting to the store to buy the stuff is the hard part. Today is Tits’ birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TITS!!

We planned a few days ago that I would take her out to eat tonight. Hence why I drug my sorry ass off the couch this morning and came to work while stick sick and almost incoherent. She had better feel privileged! LOL Not really but I didn’t want to miss her birthday. I had thought about joining her and other friends at various bars and such but I think I will have to retire early after we get done with supper. This cold thing is kicking my butt. Not to mention it’s making me incredibly cranky at times.

I took off from work early yesterday so I could go home and rest and so I wouldn’t keep subjecting my co-workers to my mood swings. It was probably a good thing I didn’t deal with any veterans yesterday. Normally I love our veterans but yesterday was the day for all the cry baby I deserve everything people. Now don’t misunderstand me these are not our older set of veterans. These people are our younger set. Persian Gulf era to present. Not all of these veterans are like this but I swear the few that are rally together and all come in at once. Lately it has been dealing with them regarding their character of service on their discharges (honorable, general, under other than honorable conditions, dishonorable). They have all been wanting to get their discharges upgraded to a better character of service so they can get this or that or reenlist in the service. Now I understand some of them really don’t deserve the character of discharge that they have gotten due to assholes for their superior officers. But the individuals that I have talked with lately do not deserve to be upgraded. No the military doesn’t want you back if you didn’t obey orders the first time, no they don’t want you back in you were a drug addict/alcoholic and didn’t straighten up after they paid to have you go to rehab. Normally I don’t take the military’s side on much of anything. I am usually on the soldier’s side. But this is one instance where I feel the military is correct. But there are also many other things the military could be doing to ensure these people don’t have these problems to begin with. It’s an evil cycle. But at some point these people have to own up to the fact that they made bad decisions on their own. It’s like that with anything. You made a wrong accept it and move on. Don’t whine about it annoying anyone who will listen hoping to make it into a right. (See told ya I get cranky). These people are the one’s who give good honest veterans a hard time with things. Oh well, the world still turns I guess. But here is my post/rant for today. If I think of anything else that might be a better read I will write it and post it. But for now it’s my lunchtime and I am going to go attempt to eat without suffocating to death since I can’t breathe through my nose. Hope everyone is having a good day!!

3 Comments:

At 2:19 PM , Blogger Drunken Chud said...

i want a section eight discharge. can you make this happen for me suvvy? i never served, through no fault of my own mind you, but i would like discharge papers saying i'm a section eight. hehehehehehehe. get well soon.

 
At 4:43 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Ahh, poor chud. They don't do those anymore, they just promote you when crazy.

Sorry you are sicky. That's what you get for licking the toys at a large nursery school.

 
At 9:18 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Bored now, do something about that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home