Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Post Halloween

Happy post Halloween everyone! I hope you all had a good night. Mine was okay, dressed up in my new costume and actually didn’t look too bad. It was a long black and purple velvet dress with a choke collar and I put on the white face paint and did up my make-up and made a rather good vampiress this year. The Husband and I took the Little Guy trick or treating. He was Superman. Granted it is kind of silly for us to dress up each year just to take him trick or treating, but the dressing up part has always been the best part for me. Although after about 45 minutes I thought I was going to freeze to death. But it was a good Halloween.

Today after work I’m headed to a town about 50 miles from here to possibly go trade my car in for a truck. I love my car; it’s a 2005 Mustang with all of the extra’s minus the V8 engine. But everybody and their dog has one now, the value has plummeted and it sucks during the winter time. That and anytime a new Mustang owner sees another Mustang owner we turn into complete idiots and trying to prove ours is better than theirs. It’s psychotic! But I am thinking of trading it for an awesome truck. It’s a 2004 Ford F-150 with the sports package. It’s metallic blue and God help anybody who hits me. This thing is like a tank! It also has a back seat with those cool little suicide doors. Even though it’s a year older than my car it has more bells and whistles. The other plus is it has four wheel drive. Minden is a small farming town that doesn’t plow the streets for shit so you are basically SOL if you don’t own a four wheel drive. I spent way too much time digging my car out last winter. Another good thing with this trade is I will be having a smaller car payment.  Saving money is always a plus. I’ll be saving even with the change in gas mileage. I’m pretty excited about it. Well wish me luck in my car dealing. Ta Ta For Now!!

7 Comments:

At 2:54 PM , Blogger Drunken Chud said...

i'll trade you my '91 f-150 for your mustang. you'd save a ton. it has a 6 cylinder engine, and it's a stick. gets around 18-22 mpg highway, and 16-18mpg city. hehehehe. it'd be a sweet trade for you. hehe.

 
At 3:44 PM , Blogger Amber said...

Yay!! You finally updated!!

Good luck, good luck, good luck! on your car/truck dealings. You don't strike me as the type to get suckered, but a little extra good luck never hurt anybody :).

Take care, hun, and have fun. I'm glad you had such a great halloween :). We, personally, don't celebrate it but it's always fun to see all the little kids dressed up in cute costumes.

 
At 4:30 PM , Blogger SuvvyGirl said...

Chud: I'll stick with the truck I'm getting. LOL Plus God help me and anyone riding with me when I'm driving a stick. Pathetic I know.

RMP: I have been suckered a time or two but usually not with car dealings and stuff. Thanks for the well wishing.

 
At 9:05 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I drive through the same snows as you, in my lil focus, and I don't get stuck.

 
At 8:20 AM , Blogger SuvvyGirl said...

Okay the snows down in Minden are a little different when we have to park out back in our alleys that don't get plowed. Any big snow and I"m digging out. But I didn't get the truck because they sold it on me so it doesn't really matter anymore.

 
At 5:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I get plowed in everytime it snows, cuz I have to park in the MONA lot, and they just scrape out the driving bit. Granted, I had to push it out once, but still, after that I didn't need 4 wheel drive. I think you just want to be tall for once in your life :P

 
At 3:29 PM , Blogger Faris said...

did you get a new car? looks pretty good. i had it googled and saw the pictures. i wouldn't mind riding one of those beasts.

also, when i searched Minden, guess what happened? there is another one in Germany. that's where i was taken. but anyway, in summer, i'd love to travel to nebraska. the only place i've been to US is new york and dc.

and oh, boston too, four years back, during fall. it was really beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home