Thursday, October 12, 2006

:(

I think I will build a time machine. Anybody want to help me out so we can travel back and be kids again? I miss being a kid. Everything seemed easier and a lot of times happier. I found out today at lunch that a lady that was basically like another grandmother to me passed away. She and her husband were my grandparent’s best friends. Even after they didn’t live in the same town anymore they would still visit each other many times throughout the years. Clara and Rollin continued their visits to see my Grandma even after my grandpa dies thirteen years ago. I used to love it when they would visit especially over the summer. During the summertime I would stay with grandma and Rollin would take me fishing and we would all play cards and board games. I used to love to listen to their stories. They were such amazing people. I was also fascinated with Clara and her make-up. I would get up early every morning they were there to watch her put her make-up on.

Here a couple of years ago Clara was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. Rollin and their daughter Linda (my namesake-she was my mom’s best friend) kept Clara at home as long as they could. Finally about six months ago they had to put her in a nursing home. It was terrible to watch her memory with all of its wonderful stories fade into nothing. That’s part of why I didn’t see them much after she was diagnosed. I guess she got sick here recently and just didn’t get better. I know she’s better off now it just makes me remember those happy times and that’s what makes me sad. I know those happy times are really over now. But I know if I keep crying my contacts will get all foggy and I hate that. : P It’d still be nice to be able to go back and re-live parts of life. Maybe someday.

3 Comments:

At 3:32 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Write them down. Write them all down.

Hugz to you, luv. I live in dread of the day my substitute gramma dies.

 
At 7:42 PM , Blogger Amber said...

I'm sorry to hear that, Suvvy. I know how painful it is to lose someone you love. I hope all those wonderful, warm, memories are what you are able to dwell on. It won't always stop the squeeze to your heart, but it sure will make you smile - even through the tears.

I wonder what it would be like if we could go back and re-live parts of our lives... but then, I'm a firm believer in the fact that everything happens for a reason. So maybe that wouldn't be such a good thing afterall, hmm?

 
At 2:15 PM , Blogger Faris said...

I think you've got an interesting idea. I'll think how I can contribute. I'll have to think hard.

But I'm so sorry to hear of this. Saddened me. I'm one of those people who can't take any kind of seperation lightly. I totally feel for you.

Yeah, don't cry too hard. As you said, your contacts won't like it also. Hugs.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home