Wednesday, August 23, 2006

My Creative Side

Well I’ll attempt to show a little bit more of my creative side by posting one of my poems. Faris put one on his blog so I thought I’d see how mine would fare. Now anybody that knows me personally knows I’m slightly compulsive when it comes to making things centered on walls, or making everything symmetrical so then of course I have little odd guidelines for my poems. They usually have to rhyme in one way or another. Here’s a sample of one:



Maybe I’ll dream of you tonight
That way I can once again be yours till morning light
I love dreaming, it’s the waking I fear
When I open my eyes you’re not the one I’m near
But the dreams they are so sweet
They seem so real I can hear your heart beat
I feel you kissing and holding me
Once again I’m where I’m supposed to be
It’s not memories that I’m dreaming of
Its new adventures of a continuing love
To feel your warm tingling touch is ecstasy
The only way to make it better is if it weren’t all fantasy
Maybe I’ll dream of you tonight
That way I can revel in love till morning light

8 Comments:

At 3:33 PM , Blogger Faris said...

hehe...nice one. what's the title? you got to have one.

when did you write this? i'm thinking five years back. sounds very teenagie.

 
At 3:42 PM , Blogger SuvvyGirl said...

Teenagie...thanks:P Actually you're about right. I think it was about 4-4.5 years back. Title: Dream of you. Havent written many poems in the past few years for some reason. Concentrated more on my childrens stories than anything.

 
At 3:51 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

How could you have been dreaming about me back then when we hadn't met yet?

 
At 3:57 PM , Blogger SuvvyGirl said...

LOL you're still a dork Mike:P

 
At 7:08 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

just wait til you read what I wrote today

 
At 9:31 AM , Blogger Faris said...

Is it possible to read your stories? There are few I've written.

 
At 9:55 AM , Blogger SuvvyGirl said...

I might be able to scrounge up a few if you can. :)

 
At 3:40 PM , Blogger Faris said...

Sure. I'll post mine in my blog on Saturday.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home