Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Still Alive

I am still alive; I just have not had much to post on. I have but I haven’t, or at least haven’t been able to put it into words suitable worth reading. The biggest goings on the last couple of months has been friends breaking up.

Travis and Megan finally called it quits and attempted to stay friends. But of course that hasn’t worked out so well now they don’t’ really talk. In the beginning Travis had a really hard time with it which was really opposite than what I thought would happen, but he snapped out of it. Megan had a new boyfriend within not even a week and they are now pretty much living together. He’s a nice enough guy, but I have to snicker because about 5 years ago he tried to take my friend Tits home and couldn’t get it up for a one night stand. Also Megan is the first white woman I’ve seen him date ever. It’s interesting but she seems happy and more of the Megan I liked to begin with. Travis is doing well and has decided to go back to college and finish getting his mechanic license. Of course this means he will be moving away which is sad, but it will be good for him.

Jimmy and Lisa are finally done too. After their constant breaking up and getting back together a failed marriage proposal did them in. Originally they were just planning on living together (bad idea) but then before they even started looking for a place he asked her to marry him. It wasn’t that she said no, but it ended because she didn’t like the size of the ring. It was nasty. At first I understood what she was saying about it…it was the meaning behind it all blah blah blah. But then I got his side and well she was being a materialistic bitch. Yes she is one of my best friends, but I have been against this relationship for about 4 months now. About the time they both started telling me they were only staying with each other because they didn’t want to be lonely. And I lost a lot of respect for both of them being willing to try living together without even considering the 3 kids they have between them. Especially Lisa’s little boy who is 3 and has never accepted Jimmy since he came along. Especially when they both admit they’re not in love. It’s weak and stupid. I was fully expecting them to even work this last marriage proposal thing out, but it was evidently the straw that broke Jimmy’s back finally. I am so glad for it. And sadly enough it has made a difference in Lisa and I’s friendship. She’s started in with the being depressed and the world always shits on me crap. Evidently last Monday she went to his apartment to try to get him back and started in with the “I should just go home and shoot myself” lines. Really?! You need help loading the gun? That is just a stupid cry for attention and being pissed off you’re not the center of the universe. She was doing much better the rest of the week and doesn’t know I know about that, but if she pulls that crap again I’m calling protective services on her. Her son needs a mother who will take care of him and put him first and not bitch 24-7 about it. I have no use for people that behave that way. I understand getting depressed or upset once in a while with a life changing event, but not to that extreme. You can’t wait around for someone else to make your life worth while. That’s your job to do.

We haven’t had pool since they split up and this weekend will be the first time I’ll have to deal with it. I don’t want her there because she is not welcomed or liked by much of anyone. She has been tolerated this last year because of Jimmy and I. It’s going to do her no good to be around it. I told her that we can start doing things together on a different night of the week at new places. She is still my friend and I won’t give up on her, but I am refusing to play into her stupid little mindset. The way she gets is why we didn’t speak for about 3 years when we were younger. I’m just glad there will be beer and other people around on Sunday, because I’m sure I will be loony by the time the night is over.

More updates will come later, for now I suppose I should work.

5 Comments:

At 12:11 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

I was just thinking about you and wondering what was up!

 
At 3:54 PM , Blogger SuvvyGirl said...

It's amazing how quickly time goes by anymore, I shall try to get better with posting. It can be my really late new years resolution :P

 
At 3:58 AM , Blogger Helen said...

Wow, that's lots of news! I will have to send you a long and indepth email soon :)

Hope you're doing well, aside from all the dramadramadrama!

 
At 3:01 AM , Blogger Andy said...

Wow. That's a lot of drama to happen all at once.

I can only pass on my philosophy when it comes to dealing with other people's problems: Chuckle at their silliness, and remind yourself how much easier life should be.

Nice to hear you're still kicking on. Take care.

 
At 3:28 AM , Blogger Olga said...

Hey girl - really great to see you are around! Hope all's fine with you. Wow, your story is dramatic - it reminded me of 'sex and the city' for some reason...

I hope all the things between your friends and their second halves will get sorted. The most important thing is that all is fine with you - then you can really support the rest.

Take care and come back soon!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home