Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Did everyone have a good Christmas? Mine was good, the kids made out like bandits and so did I. I got a pair of sterling silver earrings, Mario and Sonic Winter Olympics for the Wii, Disney Wheel of Fortune board game and Lindt Milk Chocolate Truffles. I made fudge and ham and all sorts of good stuff to eat. And I must say I think I did a pretty good job of not over doing it. I have lost about 5 pounds when I went to the doctor a couple weeks ago. Yay me!! Anyway all in all Santa was good to everyone. We even got another 4 inches of snow on top of the 3 that was still there from the last snow storm. Monday was the first day I had left the house since Christmas Eve.

I am so happy that it’s a short week this week too, but it’s a busy one. Went out for Travis birthday last night with him and his girlfriend Megan. We played pool for a bit then went home. Supposed to go out with him and some other people again tonight for what he considers the “real celebration” at the new strip club since Meg has to work. They are one of those couples that don’t have a lot of fun when they are out together. They’ve been having issues for quite some time that I’ve mentioned on here and the issues are still there. They did fairly well last night though so that was nice, I think it was partly that way since I showed up. I acted kind of like a buffer or sensor so they had to behave. I’m looking forward to going out tonight but I still have to work tomorrow morning so I don’t know how much wild and crazy I will be up for. Plus I don’t want to spend New Years Eve with a hangover. It’s New Years Day that you’re supposed to be hung-over. So far somehow our house is becoming the place to be. Lisa and I discussed what we wanted to do for New Years. A couple of weeks ago we were agreed on going out (I haven’t ever been out on New Years since I’ve turned 21) but it has now morphed to hanging out at our house playing games and such. Which I’m fine with this since it’s cheaper and I don’t’ have to worry about how I’m getting home. But originally it was just supposed to be Lisa, Jimmy, Bart (Tim’s best friend), Tim and myself. But I guess Jimmy might invite a couple more people and another couple that Tim and I are friends with might be coming over too. I think it’s going to be a wee bit hectic but fun!

Then the next thing is the new pool session starts up again this Sunday, but at least now I’ll be watching myself a bit more since my parents are all moved back and joining my team. Somehow you just can’t drink a lot when your parents are around, especially since my Step Dad used to be an alcoholic (back before he ever met Mom). And then Tuesday the 5th is my birthday. I will be 26 years old; I will officially be closer to 30 than 20. Granted it’s not old, but in some ways it feels old. Still not sure where this last decade has gone and when I went from playing house to owning a house. But I am looking forward to a good day and hoping to get friends to go out for karaoke. Granted I will not be singing but I love watching my friends. Jimmy is a lot of fun to go with and he has a good voice. Granted if I have enough to drink I’ll (pretend) to sing with someone. But I do have to work the next day so there won’t be too many shenanigans that night; I think there’s enough this week to last me anyways.

3 Comments:

At 2:12 PM , Blogger Coffeypot said...

Send pictures from the new strip club.

 
At 8:49 PM , Blogger Steph said...

Happy belated birthday sweetie! xx

 
At 11:05 AM , Blogger Olga said...

Hey there girl...Hope not blogging wasn't one of your new year resolutions! I hope you will come back soon :) Take care!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home