Friday, April 23, 2010

Cha Cha Chia!

Today I shall take a detour off my beaten path of writing about everyone’s relationships. It’s exhausting, and while there are more things that I could write about them I’m not going to. Today is going to be more light hearted, because damnit something has to be!

Walking down the hallway at work this morning I snorted. Not because a bug flew up my nose or the bathroom smelled like something died, but because that was the best way I could suppress my laughter. Standing at the clerk’s office was a couple trying to get their marriage license. As I took them in I noticed that the girl while a bit frumpy still just looked like your average girl. The man however was deceiving. Starting at his shoes he looked like every other joe somebody tennis shoes, slightly tattered khaki shorts with a baseball t shirt on…then I got to his head. Not only did he have on birth control glasses but the man had an afro! A white man’s afro that looked as though things could be and probably were hiding in it.

I felt so sorry for the poor girl he has duped into marrying him. On her wedding day she will I’m sure look splendid standing next to her very own chia pet. But there is the hope for her that a few years down the road when he has lost all of his hair she can make their children roll with laughter at how their father looked once upon a time.

For the life of me I can’t understand some people’s fashion sense, and I use that term very lightly. I don’t even understand mine when I look back on pictures. Although I can say in my defense as a child the fashion sense was my mothers and not mine. There are pictures out there I would just love to forget about, for example there is one of me when I am around 10 or 11 in my little Tae Kwon Do uniform with my permed hair piled high on my head sporting a pair of gigantic glasses on my face. I deemed that day as cruel and unusual punishment.

So what about you all is there a fashion period in your life you wonder what drugs you were on at the time?

If I ever find it and get the nerve I shall post my picture to brighten all of your days.

3 Comments:

At 3:19 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

I can't find your e-mail address, but you need to e-mail me!

 
At 8:48 AM , Blogger Olga said...

Oh, quite often when I look back at myself 1 year back I keep wondering how I could think that outfit was cute... so yeah - it is a constant thing with me...

I like your story! you're good!

 
At 11:51 AM , Blogger SuvvyGirl said...

Olga: It's so funny how sense of style changes and how rapidly too. I'm glad you liked the story thank you :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home