Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Unambitious

Well after a tumultuous visit all of my family is gone and I am still completely tired. I’m jealous of the Hubby because he gets to be home on vacation all this week with the kids. I was originally going to take this week off too, but then my co-worker piped up and said she was going to be out of town on a trip she planned a year ago. A bit frustrating because she waited to tell any of us about it until about a week ago. I wasn’t overly happy, especially since she’s been gone on vacation the majority of the last month and a half. But I will at least get to take Thursday and Friday off and it is rather peaceful without her here at times. She’s a nice lady and we usually get along pretty well, but she’s a bit territorial and wasn’t crazy about me or my age when our boss hired me. Over the years we’ve learned to adapt to each other but we still clash and get on each others nerves once in a while. But I suppose that’s to be expected in most work environments.

Pool league went relatively well last night. We lost 2-3 but I still think we all played rather well considering the table we played on was cursed or something. I do believe I am going to try to make some roster changes though. A couple that plays on my team really isn’t going to be available to play hardly at all this session because he was injured pretty badly in a car accident here just a few weeks ago. He said he wanted to keep their names on the roster but when they’re not going to be available to play and I really need people that can show up it just doesn’t work out the greatest. I’m still trying to achieve a team with people that actually want to play and have fun and be part of a team. It’s slowly getting there but still needs a bit of work. It will all come together eventually and smooth out. The first couple of weeks in the session are always a bit hectic.

Today I started going through my children’s stories I have written and started to edit them again. Trying to find ways to simplify them and get rid of the extra junk in them that doesn’t need to be in the story line. I’ve printed off a few and will try them out at home on Little Guy to see what he thinks of them. There’s no better critic than a child.

Well, my day ended before I could finish this post yesterday. So far I have had absolutely no ambition at work this week. I hate those days where I really have to push myself to get my work done. I know that if I don’t my desk will soon look like a war zone and I won’t be able to find anything on it….and inevitably that is when people want me to look for things.

I am very ready for my long weekend this weekend. Not sure what I’m going to do with it, but I am going to relax at some point. Have a boring old weekend. I will hopefully spend some time updating my blog roll and some other maintenance on here. I have some new blogs to add and some changes to make I just have to find the ambition to do it!!

Well I’m off to force myself to work, have a good day and I hope everyone is more productive than I!

3 Comments:

At 4:01 PM , Blogger Olga said...

Hmmm, it looks like someone needs a real good rest or at least to think about something pleasant... Hoping to cheer you up - I'm going to invite you to play the blogger tag-game soon (tomorrow), I hope you'll enjoy, but no obligations of course ;)

 
At 6:58 AM , Blogger Olga said...

Hi there :)

Now if you don't mind I'm proposing to have some fun and let people know you better - I'm asking you to name 6 unimportant things that you love in a post.

I was tagged in the same way by JuanitaTortilla - please come to have a look as well and hope you'll like it ;)


Here are THE RULES…..

Pick 6 unimportant things you love
Mention & link to the person who tagged you
Tag 6 of your favourite bloggers to play along

(don’t forget to comment on their blog to let them know they’ve been tagged!)

 
At 7:52 AM , Blogger Helen said...

I hope you get some rest soon! I had no idea you were writing? That's so awesome! You must publish them and then if i ever have kids I can read to them and tell me that I 'know' the author!

Good luck with the pool team, maybe tke that ocuple off and tell them that you'll put them back on anytime they let you know at least a week in advancec or something?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home