Thursday, February 01, 2007

Crazed Person

Okay, so did anyone watch American Idol last night? Yes I am one of those crazed people who watch the show. Probably because I like watching other people look like idiots up on stage like I did in my high school talent show (me and 3 other friends practiced for weeks and performed “Baby One More Time” while showing off our dance moves our freshman year in high school. We were the 4 wishes and it haunted us till the day we graduated. I don’t want to talk about it. :P) But anyway, last night the show was looking for talent in L.A. and they really didn’t find any but the show did make many people, especially pregnant people around the nation cry.

There was a 64 year old man that had come to audition. He had a petition signed by over 300 people saying that the show should at least let him audition. Well the story behind why he was there was sad but very sweet. His “Lady Love” as he called her had come down with cancer and she absolutely loved the show. Well as a way to keep her spirits up and her time occupied he decided to start working on trying to audition for her. Sadly enough she passed away 2 days before the audition but he made it and he sang her a wonderful old song and did it very well. I cried, Olivia Newton John cried and Paula cried. Finally the woman had the proper emotion and response to something. As silly as it probably seemed to many people it was very sweet. Not many things make me cry but seeing a 64 year old man cry after losing his “Lady Love” got to me.

Okay I’d better stop there before I start crying again. Damn hormones anyway :P Hope everyone has a great night.

3 Comments:

At 12:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Its a GIMICK!!! He just wanted to get on TV!

Ok, I'm an unfeeling bastard. So sue me.

 
At 3:36 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

has everyone fallen off the bloggy wagon? Nobody is posting, nobody is commenting. Sheesh!

 
At 3:20 AM , Blogger Amber said...

It's okay - I cried watching that, too. And I was impressed with how Simon responded. He was actually NICE for once.

Simon is a jerk. A charming, funny, jerk... but a jerk nonetheless. I was almost scared for the gentleman when he walked in as to how they would treat him. But they treated him with respect, dignity, and kindness; I think that man captured America's heart with his song to his Lady Love. I know he captured mine!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home