Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Aliens, Snow and the African Stripped Ziti Bird

Okay so I’ve been threatened to post something (see comments on entry below). I’m hoping mindless drivel counts. LOL Not a lot has been happening lately so I haven’t really had much to write about. Two weeks ago I came down with the flu so I was out of commission for a few days from that and I’ve been playing catch up since then.

The baby is doing well. I had a check up yesterday and it is finally starting to resemble a baby. Although it looks more like an alien at this point but at least it’s no longer just an unidentifiable blob. I got some good pictures of legs and feet and even have a good one where I can just make out the face. So this doctor’s visit was a little bit more exciting. It helped to make things feel more real to see that things are progressing. I’ve lost 12 pounds since I first became pregnant but my middle has gotten bigger. Go figure.

I’ve also had fun playing in the snow. Here in Nebraska we have gotten snow for the past couple of weekends. The first snow wasn’t very good though. We didn’t get a whole lot and it wasn’t good for anything. You couldn’t even make a decent snowball out of the stuff. It was like trying to make little Styrofoam balls stick together. But the snow we got just this last weekend was good. Houses and schoolyards are lined with all shapes and sizes of snow people.

Today I also helped my kindergartner cheat on his show and tell. Today was Little Guy’s 100th day of kindergarten and he was supposed to take a baggie full of 100 things and also take something for show and tell that began with the letter “z”. Well we were in a hurry to get around this morning because the Husband had an early meeting at 8:00am (he normally doesn’t have to be to work until 8:30) and that’s what time I normally have to be to work anyway. So we rushed around and all got ready and dropped Little Guy off with his daycare lady who took him to school for us. Well in all the rushing we completely forgot about the 100 things and show and tell. I didn’t remember it until I got all the way to work and I felt terrible. I always hated being the kid that forgot their stuff so I hopped back into the car and drove 20miles back home to get his stuff to him. I gave him 100 toothpicks in his baggie which was the easy part. The harder part was the show and tell. It limits things when it has to begin with a certain letter. Well of course the one thing I could think of was a Zebra for the letter z. But lo and behold do you think I could find anything to do with a Zebra in our house on short notice….NO! So I scrounged up a picture I took of this goofy looking bird at the zoo a few years back and named it. On the back of the photo I wrote:

African Stripped Ziti
Picture taken at Henry Doorley Zoo

So I took the 100 toothpicks and the so called Ziti Bird picture taken at the zoo to his school. His teachers loved the picture when I handed it to them. I showed them the name of the bird in case Little Guy had a tough time saying what it was (especially since I didn’t even truly know what the bird was). But they just thanked me and thought it would be a wonderful show and tell item for him. And I thought my days of making crap up for school were over.

3 Comments:

At 4:35 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I always thought ziti was a kind of pasta.

 
At 1:50 AM , Blogger Amber said...

HAHAHA! Mike you totally said the first thing I thought, too.

Suvvy, I'm so glad the pregnancy is going well :). You really need to post some pictures, girly!

That was really nice of you for what you did for the Little Guy. It's those things that cement the respect and love for later on in life.

 
At 10:52 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

Sounds like the teachers bought it too! Well done :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home