Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The Window

Well here is a short rambling I wrote while....staring out my window here at work! :P I think it could make me think of a good story to go with it. Good day all!!



The Window



She sat staring blankly out the window. Her mind had been constantly working the past few days and now it seemed to finally screech to a halt. Incredible weariness filled every limb of her body and she felt as if she could just fall over asleep. But when she tried to sleep that wonderful dreamy bliss always evaded her. She shook her head slightly trying to focus on something. This past week she had found it extremely difficult to focus on any one thing for very long. Her mind flitted from one thought to another. Even she was barely able to grasp how one thought made her think of something else. But oddly enough there was always some strange connection that only her mind could make.

When she had talked with people they had stared at her blankly when she changed topics so rapidly. They were unable to comprehend any fiber of connection what so ever. She concentrated harder and forced her eyes to focus on something rather than nothing. She scanned the scene outside the window. Parked cars of every color and size lined the street, the old Armory building still sat directly across; it’s lawn in desperate need of mowing. She was amused at this factor and almost felt the need to chuckle. The old Armory building now belonged to a prestigious lawyer that made good money. Yet the lawyer insisted on having herself or family members do the landscaping work of this once magnificent building. It was not the best decision by far since none of them seemed to have a clue as to what the word landscaping meant.

She shifted her eyes and thoughts away from the Armory building to the adjoining street with the little white house and the quaint church. There wasn’t much else beyond these images she could see from her window. She wanted so bad to see something good and worthwhile to focus her mind on. But discouragingly enough there wasn’t anything and her mind started channel surfing once again from thought to thought.

7 Comments:

At 10:28 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Well, now I sorta know where your office is. If I come in limping and wearing camo/dog tags, can I get some money?

 
At 10:34 AM , Blogger SuvvyGirl said...

LOL Unless you're really good at forging federal documents then no :P My office is at the courthouse silly.

 
At 10:38 PM , Blogger Jeff said...

Don't become a Hitchcock!

 
At 7:11 AM , Blogger Faris said...

Stream of thoughts. Well, I'm impressed. You should write more though.

Any chance you could have a picture there? lol

 
At 8:31 AM , Blogger SuvvyGirl said...

Jeff: No Hitchcock. Never was a fan of his anyway :P

Faris: I would include pictures if a) I had a camera with me and b) if I could figure out how to put the thing on here. I'm still a little challenged when it comes to the workings of the blog. But at least I have links figured out. :P

 
At 10:21 AM , Blogger SuvvyGirl said...

Jeff: Too early in the morning but I got to thinking were you meaning Hitchcock or Hemmingway? :P

 
At 8:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I KNOW your office is in the courthouse . . . I didn't know which SIDE of said building, goofyass.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home