Monday, September 11, 2006

This Last Week

Good day everyone! I know I haven’t been the greatest at posting this past week. It is not because of a lack of things to post, but I wanted to get my love story assignment from Faris done and posted first before anything else. Now that that’s done I can start in with everything else. Coyote Mike already knows my biggest news but I’ll fill everyone else in.

Last week on Wednesday I found out I am going to be a mom. Shocked? You’re not the only ones. I think I am still trying to get used to the idea. Definitely not what I had planned or hoped for at the point in time. Especially given the state of my mind and how I feel about my marriage. I was pretty shocked and actually sad when I first found out. Tuesday night I did a home test that came out positive then Wednesday I ran to the doctors and they confirmed it with a blood test. I know when it happened seeing how it the Husband and I aren’t intimate a whole lot. I am 3 weeks and 3 days along. And I am a tribute to the Brad Paisley song “Alcohol” (listen to it and you will understand what I mean). I came home from the bar and evidently was seduced. :P I remember most of it, just don’t quite remember how it all came about. LOL That’s what beer and Jaeger bombs will do to a person. Haha. I am starting to get somewhat excited about the whole thing though. I’ve always wanted to be a mom and though this may not be the time, place or person it’s happening. I have a higher priority now other than my own agenda. I am getting anxious for my first doctors appointment which will be on October 9th. So far everyone that we’ve told is pretty excited, besides Coyote Mike and my friend Nick.

My Dad I think has been the most excited so far. He has started marking things on the calendar already. My Mom is excited and I think my Step-Dad is okay with everything too. The Husband is also very excited. More so than I thought he would be. The day after I took my home test before I got the results back from the doctor he was already looking at cribs and stuff over his lunch. So I am glad he will be involved with everything. He is wonderful with his children and with babies. He also has started pampering me and getting crap done around the house that has been procrastinated on. Still not exactly sure where he and I are headed as far as our marriage goes. But right now we are seeing how everything goes and working on our communication and see where it goes from there. Only time will tell and I don’t need to be stressing about a lot of things especially that at the moment. This baby has taken priority at the moment.

I know it won’t be easy and will have its goods and bads but it’s an adventure. My family has some history of miscarriages so I am hoping I will be able to bypass that. I’ve watched my Mom and cousin go through it and I know how hard it is. But I am taking care of myself and will continue to do so. I haven’t gotten to experience the joy of morning sickness yet (but I think it’s on it’s way) but I am hungry all the time and have started craving things. I am the last person anybody wants to send to a grocery store. :P I see something that sounds really good then by the time I get over to it I’ve changed my mind. It’s terrible. I also think I am losing my mind. I am more forgetful now than I have been in the past. I think it’s because my attention and retention spans have shortened due to everything floating around in my mind. Hopefully I will pull myself back together and get back on track. I hate being scatterbrained! LOL

But this is what my last week has been like. And I do promise I’m not going to make this blog completely about my pregnancy and the baby. I will still welcome assignments for writing if anyone has any good ideas and will of course do my regular ramblings. So please bear with me and not think me a total idiot.  Hope everyone has a great day!!

4 Comments:

At 5:49 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:53 PM , Blogger Amber said...

Hey Honey! Congratulations on becoming a mom!!! Wow, that is awesome! :)

 
At 8:44 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I deleted my previous comment, as I had lost my temper, and you don't need that right now.

I apologise.

 
At 11:49 PM , Blogger Jeff said...

Congraduations! Life chages are alwaus a scary thing, but it will be awesome!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home