Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Well it’s time to write something. Bullhorn emailed me a new idea for a risotto and mentioned I hadn’t posted in a while. I’ve started many posts, but just haven’t been able to get them finished and get them up.

Thanksgiving went well, we ate a lot throughout that week and the next and I gained back any weight I had lost. Now we’re getting ready for round two with Christmas next week. Where did this year go? It has gone by so fast it’s scary. But it’s been a pretty good year. But after this month it’s my birthday. I turn 25 on January 5th and I’m still having issues with it. I think it’s just because I’ve started realizing just how fast time goes by. But it will be a good time. Not sure what I’m doing for it yet, but something fun and simple.

We’ve been having issues with Little Guy again. He’d been doing rather well the past couple of months and his misbehaving had been minimal. But the past couple of weeks he’s kicked it up a notch. He’s had a definite attitude at home and every day with him has been a chore with the arguing and not listening and all the other things he does that gets him in trouble. Up until last week he’d still been doing marvelous at school though. Last Wednesday I had talked with his counselor and she was telling me how well he had been doing at school and was giving me ideas for us to try at home. Then the very next day I get a call from the principal because he was refusing to do his schoolwork, then I got a call again yesterday about the same thing and wound up having to go to the school because he refused to get on the phone to talk to me. He still didn’t do his work after I got there and would not listen or acknowledge anything anyone said to him. So he had to spend today at the principal’s office until he could get his work done. He had to write 1 sentence!! They had given him over 4 hours to get one sentence done and he wouldn’t do it. I’m sure there’s some reasoning behind this behavior but we haven’t quite figured it out yet. He sees his counselor tomorrow so hopefully she might be able to help figure it out. I hope we can get it figured out so he can start feeling better about things and if it helps us keep our sanity that’s a plus. We just have to roll with everything and remember that the world won’t end if things aren’t going well. I’m hoping the thought of Christmas and Santa will stay in his mind and help him behave a bit better. Granted that’s kind of like a bribe or blackmail to get him to behave but if it helps then it works for me. :P

In the meantime I’m still working on getting our Christmas tree up and finishing up my last minute shopping. I’ve done a lot of it online this year; the stores around here have been hell to go to unless it’s the middle of the night. But I think it will be a good Christmas.

Last Friday I hosted a little Tastefully Simple party and it was a success. My cousin has started selling Tastefully Simple stuff and asked if I’d host a show for her. Basically I just mixed up a bunch of their dip mixes, some of the beer bread and a cake and she brought some of their chips and sauces and things. Then all of your guests basically get to sample it all and order what they want. They have this pomegranate chipotle sauce that is to die for. It’s all a bit expensive, but they’re things that are fun to splurge on once in a while. We had a total of 7 people come for it and they all seemed to enjoy themselves. The Hubby’s good friend from South Dakota was down for the weekend for a visit and one of his friends from work and his girlfriend came and they all wound up staying until about 1am drinking and talking and playing Guitar Hero. It was a wonderful feeling having friends and fun together. We’ve decided we’ll have to do it more often.

I could write more, but I have work to get done now. I will try to be a bit better at post from here on out. 

3 Comments:

At 7:06 PM , Blogger Coffeypot said...

A cattleprod might help. Or a good backhand across the lips.

 
At 8:09 AM , Blogger Helen said...

maybe that's why the whole Santa thing has lasted for so many generations? I'm glad to hear you're ok and that you've been having fun!

Merry Christmas if I don't speak to you before then!

 
At 7:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home