Thursday, November 20, 2008

I feel so drained. I started getting sick on Sunday evening and by Monday night I was miserable with an excruciating sore throat. I stayed home Tuesday so I could rest and go to the doctor to make sure it wasn’t strep. The doctor bit I did, the resting bit I didn’t do. I spent the day cleaning up the house and running some errands. I’ve been worrying lately that I haven’t been getting enough done around the house so I’m working harder at it hoping it will get better. On top of my cold and my worrying, the Hubby is on call this week, which he hasn’t been getting home on time anyway for at least a week and a half so at least he’s getting extra pay for working more now, but it just means there’s usually no hope of him getting home in time to do much other than eat dinner, watch whatever stupid show we have recorded and then come to bed sometime after I do and am already asleep. So in his absence at home at night it leaves me alone with the kids, which isn’t a horrible thing. Unless Little Guy is being a big jerk. I love that child dearly, but I am at my wits end this week with him. I’m already tired by the time my day is over at work because of this damned cold and am ready to slow my pace down a bit a have fun with the kids. Well this week he has evidently decided it’s his time to be evil devil child and argue with anything and everything I say and just be downright difficult. I try very, very hard to be on his level and think of how he feels about things etc. But when you’re already literally sick and tired it’s a very hard thing to do and then I lapse into a cranky witchy woman and a whole vicious circle starts. I get cranky with him, he cries, I get pissed off, he cries and argues some more, I try to find something to occupy my mind until we’ve both calmed down, and in the meantime start feeling guilty for getting upset with him and for Lily having to be around it, after I think we’ve both calmed down some I try to talk with him and make amends, that seems to work out okay, then out of nowhere some subject comes up and he’s back to arguing and throwing a fit and the whole shebang starts all over again. I want to pull my hair out!!! A 7 year old has made me cry on more than one occasion this week. When Hubby finally gets home I’m probably not one of the most fun people to be around which in turn kind of rubs off on him and feelings get hurt over simple things. I’ve been missing my Hubby lately. I’ve been missing actually doing something together other than bitching about both of our jobs and watching a TV show. I hate it when our family hits slumps like this. Normally when it happens Lily is really the only one I wind up enjoying being around because who wouldn’t be cheered up by her. But I am ready for this slump to be over. Ready for a simple date with my Hubby and for Little Guy to hit a good phase and for me to quit being a wicked witch!

4 Comments:

At 2:19 PM , Blogger Coffeypot said...

Lock yourself in your room and get drunk.

 
At 1:28 AM , Blogger Helen said...

It sounds like you need a day or two to crawl into bed and sleep! Maybe this weekend you'll have a chance to do that? Otherwise you'll never get better!

I'm sorry, I hope you feel better soon!

 
At 5:07 AM , Blogger Miles McClagan said...

You need a day in the swing park...cheered me up immensely...maybe because that's where the drugs are sold? I wish I could claim it was drugs, I just love swings...not very rock and roll!

 
At 11:32 AM , Blogger SuvvyGirl said...

Coffey: That would either help or make me feel worse :P

Helen: Sleep sounds wonderful, I have had a lack thereof lately.

Miles: A day in the swing park sounds lovely if it weren't 19 degrees here. I'd probably freeze to the swing. LOL

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home