Thursday, November 13, 2008

I love the feeling of the first raindrop when it falls. It always sends such a tasty little tingle throughout my body that soothes and relaxes me. Makes me long to stand there longer and feel more of its friends fall down on me. I love the rain, even the cold stuff, but my absolute favorite is a nice gentle rain. The type of rain that seems to immediately replenish everything it touches and leaves that magnificent smell all around.

Even though it’s fall here, it’s 61 degrees out cloudy with no wind and teeny tiny little raindrops that fall every once in a while. It’s wonderful. I’ve had my office window open all day letting the nice, cool air come in. This is one of those days where I’d love to be at my favorite park or somewhere in the woods just sitting by myself relishing the feeling of it all. I’ve always been one of those people that can truly enjoy being alone sometimes. I’ve always been an introverted type person ever since I was a kid. I’m an observer and learner more than a participator and teacher. I think I turned out this way for many reasons. I think a lot of it I inherited from my grandpa and also I’m an only child. Growing up I was actually one of those kids that behaved and usually sat quietly listening to the adults around me. I learned a lot by doing this and in return feel pretty comfortable in the presence of people older than I am. I also loved playing alone when I was a kid. My imagination took me to some of the coolest places. I believed (and for the most part still do) in unicorns, fairies, and other mystical creatures. I believed that my toys came to life when no one was around and always believed that animals are much smarter than we give them credit for and that we will never truly know what they are like. I believe the unbelievable. I believe anything can happen. And I feel even more so on days like today.

2 Comments:

At 11:57 PM , Blogger Coffeypot said...

I like the rain, too. Especially storms. In the Navy, at sea during storms I would go out on a catwalk around the forward smokestack and lean back against it, holding on to the railing and watch the huge waves go by and the ship role from side to side and up and down. The wind and the power of the ocean in awesome. I’ve seen green water (pure ocean, not mist) go by me on both sides as the ship would take a plunge through a three story wave. Then my chief would yell for me to get my ass back inside or he would write me up for being stupid.

 
At 3:35 AM , Blogger Helen said...

I lvoe the rain as long as it doesn't interfere with my work. I love going walking and getting soaked and then coming inside for a hot cup of tea and a slice of toast. And I absolutely adore curling up in bed, listening to the rain outside.

When I was younger almost every afternoon in summer we'd have a downpour that would last less than an hour and then the sun would come out. It doesn't happen foten anymore (global climate change?) but anyone who grew up in south africa can't think of summer without thinking of the afternoon storms on the highveld!

Oh, and what do you call it if it's raining but the run is stil shining? We always called it a "Monkey's Wedding"...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home