Friday, June 20, 2008

I really need to start posting more. I need material to do that though!!!! :P Lately I’ve had posts running through my head but I hate being interrupted when posting so if I am interrupted I just scratch the whole thing. I’m like that with emails usually too. I have very odd tendencies.

Like things have to be symmetrical or it bugs the shit out of me. I hate things being lop sided (imagine what that was like for me when I was breastfeeding Lily). I have to see everything before I eat it and I don’t like my food touching. I am also very precise about brushing my teeth. Not so much the brushing itself but everything that goes with it.

I have to slightly wet my toothbrush, put just the right amount of toothpaste on, wet toothpaste on toothbrush slightly, turn water off, brush my teeth, spit, rinse slightly, turn water off, brush tongue, rinse mouth out then toothbrush. I am completely anal about the water not running while I’m brushing my teeth. This stems from Kindergarten. We watched a video in kindergarten one day about taking care of your teeth and the one damn thing I remember from it is to turn the water off while brushing so you’re not wasting water.

You’d think I would have picked up more on the actual teeth brushing that the water thing. I’m mental sometimes I swear. With all of the odd tendencies I have you’d think I could pick up a few more useful ones like being a neat freak or something that could keep me and my crap in order. But instead I have shelves and tables that are symmetrically cluttered, my cobwebbed pictures all hang straight, I have crumbs all over me from dumping out chips or French fries or whatever I’m eating so I can see them, and my crooked teeth and I save water.

Okay you peoples have to spill your little quirks now. Make me feel better damnit!! :P Have a great weekend everybody!!!!!!!!

4 Comments:

At 1:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've fought OCD for years. I used to get so obsessed with counting, everything had to be an even number. If I walked on a crack with my right foot, I'd feel odd until I managed to step on a similar crack with the same part of my left foot. I'd rub my fingers together, and if it didn't come out even I'd have to keep doing it, sometimes for hours.

I've mostly gotten over it, but I still do the crack thing when I'm walking to work.

 
At 9:29 AM , Blogger SuvvyGirl said...

Ah yes the even number thing. I have issues with that as well. That's mostly why I like being solids when playing pool. The crack thing used to bother me too. But not so much anymore.

 
At 9:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

(hehe..Mike said he still does the crack-thing...may need an intervention).

::Waves:: Hi! First time reader/commenter!

I am a little OCD-ish....I have to like seriously touch all the knobs on the stove about 4 times each before leaving the house to make sure they are all off. And when I brush my teeth? I have to have the cold water running full blast as hard as it will go the ENTIRE time....i have the sound of the tooth brush running across my teeth, and I brush my tongue really fast cause it makes me *gag*.

 
At 4:49 AM , Blogger Andy said...

I only have one quirk which comes to mind. When I'm eating, I absolutely hate anyone touching me. My wife hates it when we decide to eat in the family room, and I'll move chairs so that there is some space between the two of us.

By the way- I've tagged you for a meme, if you're interested...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home